Thursday, July 3, 2014

Photography cannot represent everything.


   Sometimes I just feel so confused and lost. There is this great quote that represents my teen angst. It goes like this:

“Some are young people who don't know who they are, what they can be or even want to be. They are afraid, but they don't know of what. They are angry, but they don't know at whom. They are rejected and they don't know why. All they want is to be somebody. ”
                    -Thomas S. Monson, Pathways To Perfection: Discourses Of Thomas S. Monson

  This is how I feel sometimes. Right now for example, I feel like I am standing in the middle of a body of water and there are waves crashing into me from all different directions. I feel like I am being pushed and pulled in many different places but let me tell you, this sea is salty and it is stinging my eyes.

   I am so excited to be a rising senior and to graduate high school and go on to college. I just got my official transcript and it's not bad. I got a 3.7 as my overall gpa. It just happens to not be what I wanted. I have no one to blame but myself for my dissatisfaction. I expect more of myself, but when I do not receive the results I want, it is my own doing. I am scared. I am scared that I will not get into the college I want to go to. I am scared that in the future I will feel trapped and disappointed because I made mistakes when I was sixteen. I am afraid of the future because it is unknown.
 
   I want to study at Brown University and be a scholar and have my words and writings touch others and create a film that is pure genius and be an actress known for my role as a brilliant character. I want all of this and it scares me to say it and to reach for it.
  This is a rant but it is also a documentation that will show what I overcame. It is witness to what I will soon prevail. This will not be a sad story.


No comments:

Post a Comment