Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Home is in One's Heart

 Beauty is subjective. You may look at these pictures and see a dingy neighborhood and dirty sidewalks, but I see memories and I see growth. An excellent quote, said by Rainer Maria Rilke, that speaks truth is, “If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it; blame yourself, tell yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches; for to the creator there is no poverty and no poor indifferent place.”

                          







                       
                          

 I always keep that quote with me, especially when I feel dissatisfied or discontent with my life or my home. Am I poet enough? In my opinion we are all poets and artists and creators. Life experience, our past, our present-- each melds together creating our own homes, unique from anyone else's. We have to have pride in where we come from, because it is part of who we are as a whole. This is who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment